LOCOMOTOR SYSTEM DISORDERSWe treat a whole spectrum of locomotor system disorders in Františkovy Lázně, ranging from rheumatoid arthritis, to osteoporosis, to non-joint rheumatoid arthritis, to functional disorders of the spine, all the way to post-op states of the locomotor system. Spa treatment is a centuries-proven method of helping patients even before problems occur, but also for patients in various stages of disease. It is important to mention that spa treatment is highly effective not only for curing, but also stabilising advanced stages of diseases.
For treating the locomotor system, we primarily use one of the greatest gifts of nature - the unique sulphuric-ferrous peat of Františkovy Lázně. The sulphuric compounds and natural steroids contained in peat have salutary effects on chronic inflammation and help the regeneration of joints. The long-term therapeutic effect is achieved by undergoing at least 10 to 12 applications (procedures) within one course of treatment. These procedures reduce pain in patients with arthrosis of the knees, hips, and other joints in the long term. And take note – without any side effects.
Treatment is also supplemented with suitable exercise therapy and a number of physical therapy procedures (magnet therapy, laser, ultrasound, and distant magnet therapy). This also significantly reduces pain and accelerates the regeneration of large joints affected by osteoarthritis and small joints affected by rheumatism.
The Spa Clinic also offers the most modern methods and procedures. Thus, you can also take local or overall cryotherapy as part of your treatment. At a temperature of minus 160 °C, inflammatory processes in the affected joints are favourably modified and their pain is reduced. And not just that. Cryotherapy also improves the functioning of the immune system and improves one’s mood by releasing endorphins.
WHEN IS TREATMENT APPROPRIATE?
- Rheumatoid polyarthritis
- Non-joint rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis (so-called Bechterew’s disease)
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Diffusive connective tissue diseases, such as lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, scleroderma, Sjögren syndrome
- Painful syndromes of the tendons, ligaments, bursas, subcutaneous tissue, fat, and skeletal muscles, including impairments caused by working with vibrating machines, excessive one-sided strain
- Coccydeal arthritis
- Arthrosis in all other locations (including Herberden’s node - affecting the hand and foot joints)
- Vertebrogenic algic syndrome of functional or degenerative origin
- States after injury to the locomotor system and post-op states following orthopaedic surgery, including after intervertebral disc surgery and stenosis of the spinal column
Select a stay
EXAMPLES OF PROCEDURES
- Peat pack, peat bath
- Paraffin packs
- Group remedial exercise (stabilisation / mobilisation)
- Physical therapy / individual remedial exercise
- Magnet therapy, diadynamic therapy, ultrasound
- Carbon dioxide, pearl baths or overall whirlpool bath or underwater massage
- Pneumo punctures (gas injections)
- Classic / reflexive massage, soft tissue mobilisation techniques
Select a stay
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE TREATMENT
- The combination and frequency of procedures is determined by the physician during the initial physical exam according to the current health of the patient.
- The treatment plan usually consists of 18 procedures per week that consist of main and accompanying procedures.
- The patient should undergo no more than one main procedure daily.
commute to them.
Of course, spa therapeutic rehabilitation care has certain contraindications that can prevent treatment. You can find a detailed description of them here.
Select a stay
This treatment programme is provided by the following spa hotels:
Spa Resort PAWLIK‑AQUAFORUM
An exceptional spa resort. 150 years of tradition, luxurious accommodation, own forest park, the largest spa aqua park, a modern spa clinic, and the historical Imperial Spa - all combined into one harmonious whole with an unrepeatable atmosphere. Come to us for your exceptional stay.