AFTER-CARE FOR ONCOLOGICAL PATIENTSFrantiškovy Lázně offers after-care to patients who have underwent treatment for any oncological diseases and long-term hormonal treatments based primarily on the salutary effects of nature on the human body and the ability of nature to renew the needed equilibrium in the patient’s body. The treatments are based on the use of the springs with a high gas content, which helps improve blood circulation to the smallest vessels and allows regeneration. They go hand in hand with modern treatment procedures, such as manual and mechanical lymphatic drainage, bandages, or special exercises. This proven combination of procedures alleviates issues and complications associated with oncological diseases in patients.
Our spa is famous especially for its effective care of patients who have carcinoma of the breast or of the female reproductive system. Currently, we have prepared a therapeutic treatment for all patients who have suffered from an oncological disease with the objective of minimising the unwanted side effects of oncological treatments. An important factor for an effective spa treatment is also the setting of Františkovy Lázně itself, which is peaceful, replete with nature and expansive parks, allowing patients to think positive thoughts.
WHEN IS TREATMENT APPROPRIATE?
- After-care for tumours of the inner genitals, i.e., tumours of the uterus, ovaries, or ectocervix
- Complex oncological treatment of breast carcinoma (it is possible to undergo the spa treatment even during long-term hormonal therapy)
- After-care treatment for carcinoma of the large intestine, rectosigmoid colon, rectum, tongue, oesophagus, stomach, pancreas, and other organs of the digestive tract
- Finishing treatments of states following carcinoma of the prostate and seminomas
- Malignant lymphomas of the Hodgkin type and non-Hodgkin type
Select a stay
EXAMPLES OF PROCEDURES
- Carbon dioxide baths
- Dry carbon dioxide wrap
- Whirlpool bath of the lower extremities
- Treading pools
- Remedial exercise in pool
- Pearl and whirlpool baths
- Exercise with a physical therapist
- Manual or mechanical lymphatic drainage for states of lymphedema of any of the extremities
- Exercising in groups
- SM system
Select a stay
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE TREATMENT
- The combination and frequency of procedures is determined by the physician during the initial physical exam according to the current health of the patient.
- The treatment plan usually consists of 18 procedures per week that consist of main and accompanying procedures.
- The patient should undergo no more than one main procedure daily.
commute to them.
Of course, spa therapeutic rehabilitation care has certain contraindications that can prevent treatment. You can find a detailed description of them here.
Select a stay